These Air Fryer Chicken Tacos are the perfect easy weeknight meal! They only take 20 minutes to make and all you need is 5 simple ingredients to make the taco filling.
I love to cook, but I am all about quick and simple dinners that I can make in a short amount of time. I have a few on my rotation that I find myself coming back to when I need dinner ASAP, and these Chicken Tacos are a favorite!
The taco filling is so easy to make, you just slice up a pepper, onion and chicken breast and toss it all in a little olive oil and taco seasoning. Pop it in your air fryer for 15 minutes, and you have a delicious, healthy taco filling that is packed with flavor!
You can add whatever toppings you like to jazz up these tacos, my go-to is shredded romaine and guacamole. Today I’m sharing my FAVORITE creamy guacamole recipe that has a secret ingredient…. plain greek yogurt! Adding a little scoop adds so much creaminess and even sneaks in a little extra protein.
TOPPING IDEAS FOR CHICKEN TACOS
Here are some of my other favorite toppings for loading up the tacos:
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced avocado
- Refried beans
- Sour cream (or plain greek yogurt for a lighter option)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Pickled onions
- Hot sauce
THE LIST GOES ON! These chicken tacos are super versatile and you can pretty much add any toppings that you love and it will be delicious.
INGREDIENTS I USED TO MAKE CHICKEN TACOS
- Red bell pepper: You can use any color bell pepper, I just had red on hand and love the pop of color it adds!
- Red onion: I love red onions in tacos because they have a sweeter taste and taste so good when they have a little char.
- Chicken breast: I try to buy organic chicken breast.
- Olive oil: You can also use avocado oil!
- Taco seasoning: You can make your own taco seasoning but when I’m short on time a packet is the way to go. I look for one with natural ingredients, organic if possible! This one is my favorite.
- Taco shells: You can use soft or hard shell, whatever you prefer! Similar to the taco seasoning, I look for shells with simple, natural ingredients. Here are the taco shells I use to make these tacos.
KITCHEN TOOLS I USED
- Knife set: If you want a great quality, affordable knife set look no further! This knife set is made from high-quality stainless steel, and comes with a storage block that looks great on your counter with a built in knife sharpener.
- Air fryer: I love cooking with an air fryer because it is so quick and all you have to do is press a button and it cooks for you! This is my favorite air fryer!
- Metal mixing bowls: I like using the big bowl to toss the chicken and veggies with the olive oil and taco seasoning. They are so easy to clean!
20 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Tacos
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 hard or soft taco shells
- 2 cups shredded romaine
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1 tbsp finely diced cilantro
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Slice the bell pepper, red onion, and chicken into thin strips.
- Add the chicken and veggies to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss.
- Sprinkle over taco seasoning and toss again until everything is evenly coated.
- Add to your air fryer basket and air fry at 400F for 15 minutes, shaking halfway.
- To make the guacamole, add the avocado and greek yogurt to a bowl and mash together until smooth. Stir in the red onion, cilantro, lime juice and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shredded lettuce to taco shells, then fill with the chicken and veggies. Top with guacamole and any other toppings that you like and enjoy!