Stuffed zucchini is an easy, healthy and delicious dinner idea! It is simple to make, especially if you have an air fryer. I like using an air fryer because it cooks the zucchini quickly, while still keeping it crispy. If you do not have an air fryer, I highly recommend looking into getting one! I was hesitant to get one at first, but now I use mine almost everyday!
Stuffed zucchini is a great light dinner if you are looking to lose weight, or maintain a healthy weight. It is high in protein and low in carbs, but very satisfying! I like to pair my stuffed zucchinis with a side of carbs, like potatoes, to make it a well-rounded dinner.
If you are busy during the day and want a quick and easy dinner when you get home, you can make these ahead of time. Just cook the filling, let it cool, and stuff your zucchinis. Lay them in a pan or container, and cover and store in the fridge until you get home. When you are ready to eat, just air fry or bake them until they are cooked through and the tops are browned. Give these stuffed zucchinis a try for an easy week night dinner!
Air Fried Stuffed Zucchini
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes or marinara sauce
- grated cheese for topping
- Slice ends off zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and scoop seeds into bowl using spoon.
- Cook ground beef in a pot, then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add onions and the insides of the zucchini and cook until softened.
- Add diced tomatoes (drain the liquid), or marinara sauce and stir until well combined.
- Use a spoon to fill each zucchini with the filling, and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Spray zucchini with olive oil, and air fry at 400F for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply