This is one of my favorite dinners to make when I want some quick, easy and DELICIOUS! It tastes just like Mongolian Beef from your favorite takeout place and only takes 30 minutes to make!
HIGH PROTEIN, VEGGIE-PACKED DINNER
This healthy dinner has so much flavor and is packed with protein and lots of veggies. The stir fry sauce is salty, sweet and a little spicy and is so easy to make. I love serving this over brown rice, but you could also use cauliflower rice or eat it on its own for a low carb option!
I love takeout once in a while, but honestly don’t love the feeling after! A lot of times there is a lot of added sodium and oils that don’t make you feel your best. On nights when I want to put in a *little* effort but still want the same delicious taste as my local takeout place, I will make Mongolian Beef! It has less sodium, less oils, and MORE steak, veggies, and sauce… which is just the way I like it!
HOW TO MEAL PREP MONGOLIAN BEEF
Mongolian Beef is a great dish to meal prep for easy lunches and dinners throughout the week. Make two servings, or multiply the recipe if you want to make 4 or 6 servings. Let the stir fry and rice cool completely before dividing it into glass containers. You can store this in the fridge for up to 4 days and just reheat it in the microwave. You can also freeze the Mongolian beef in airtight containers for up the 3 months!
KITCHEN TOOLS I USED
- Rice cooker: I don’t know what I did before I got a rice cooker!! You get perfectly cooked rice every single time, with no water boiling all over your stove. This rice cooker is a bit of an investment but is so worth it!
- Knife set: If you want a great quality, affordable knife set look no further! This knife set is made from high-quality stainless steel, and comes with a storage block that looks great on your counter with a built in knife sharpener.
- Pan set: This is my favorite pan set to cook with, I love using the large skillet for this recipe because it fits all of the ingredients, plus it is completely non-stick and made with a non-toxic coating so you can feel good about cooking with them! They also come in so many gorgeous colors to match your kitchen decor. You can use the discount code ‘CLAIRENOLANN10VIP’ for 10% off Caraway!
Mongolian Beef Stir Fry
- 1/2 cup white or brown rice
- 1 cup water
- olive oil spray
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 4 green onions
- 10 ounces flank or skirt steak
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
Stir Fry Sauce
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sriracha (adjust for spice level)
- Add rice and water to a saucepan, cover with a lid, and bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, turn heat down to low and simmer until the water is absorbed.
- Slice bell pepper and carrots into thin strips. Slice the green onions in thirds so they are similar size to the pepper and carrots.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the steak as thinly as you can against the grain of the steak. Add the steak to a bowl with cornstarch and toss to evenly coat.
- In a bowl whisk together all of the ingredients for the honey soy sauce.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray with olive oil. Once hot, add the steak in an even layer and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the bottom of the steak starts to sear, flip the steak and cook for one more minute.
- Add the veggies and sauce to the pan and stir well, then cook for about 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro. Enjoy!