This smoothie is so delicious, and is perfect for a hot summer day!
Not only does it look pretty, but it is full of nutrients to help you feel your best! It is very high in protein from the protein powder, which will keep you satisfied between meals, making this a perfect snack. You could also drink this smoothie after your workout, because protein is important for recovery and building lean muscle tissue.
Blueberries are a great addition because they are packed with antioxidants, and are considered to be a superfood! They are great for your heart, skin and bone health, and contain high amounts of vitamin C. They also taste great and give this smoothie its beautiful color!
To make the blueberry and vanilla swirl, I first blended all of the ingredients, minus the blueberries, and poured half of it into my cup. I then added the blueberries to the half of the smoothie still in the blender, and poured that on top. This is totally optional – you can blend it all together too!
Blueberry Vanilla Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- stevia or sweetener to taste (optional)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Blend ice, banana, protein powder, vanilla, stevia and almond milk until smooth.
- Pour half of the smoothie into a cup.
- To the half of the smoothie still in the blender, add blueberries and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blueberry smoothie on top of the vanilla smoothie, and swirl with a straw. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply