If you are a savory breakfast lover you will absolutely love this breakfast! It’s high in protein, healthy fats and fiber filled carbs to power your morning.
I love this Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potato because it keeps me feeling full and satisfied all morning long. The sweet potato is full of fiber and nutrients, the eggs and ground beef add protein, and there is healthy fats and vitamins in the avocado. This truly is a breakfast of champions!
You can also easily customize this recipe depending on what you like and what you have on hand. Here are some more filling ideas:
- Just egg – leave out the ground beef and add an extra egg
- Veggies – sauté your favorite veggies in a pan with the egg (I love mushrooms, spinach, cherry tomatoes)
- Spinach, turkey sausage, egg white – for a lower fat, high-protein option
- Tofu scramble – if you are vegan or vegetarian make a tofu scramble for a high-protein plant based filling
- Cheese – replace the avocado on top with a sprinkle of grated cheese
Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 1 medium sweet potato
- olive oil spray
- 2 oz lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1/2 of an avocado
- cilantro for garnish
- Wash sweet potato, pat dry and poke holes in the skin with a fork. Place in a microwave safe bowl and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 5-8 minutes depending on the size of the sweet potato until fork tender.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and spray with olive oil. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and beat with a fork. Pour into the skillet and scramble with the ground beef.
- Once the sweet potato is finished cooking, cut a slit on the top and use a fork to mash the inside to make room for the eggs.
- Scoop the scrambled eggs into the sweet potato, and top with salsa, avocado and cilantro. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply