These protein balls taste absolutely delicious are the perfect healthy snack! I love to make these and keep them in the fridge for a quick protein-packed snack or healthy dessert!
Here are some tips to make the best protein balls:
- Blend you oats into oat flour! This gives the protein balls a smooth texture that tastes very similar to brownie batter.
- Add milk very slowly and mix well between each addition. Be careful not to add too much milk or it will be hard to roll the dough into balls! If you do accidentally add too much, you can blend up some more oats into flour and add it until the dough is very thick.
- If your dough is too sticky to roll into balls, try putting it in the fridge or freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm up! You can also coat your hands in a little coconut oil to prevent it from sticking to your hands (this is what I do)!
- I rolled some of my protein balls in cocoa powder to give them a more powerful chocolatey taste. You can do the same, or try rolling them in shredded coconut or chopped nuts for a delicious crunch!
Chocolate Brownie Protein Balls
- 1 cup oats
- 1 serving protein powder (you can use vanilla or chocolate)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp stevia or granulated sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (sub for milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Blend oats until they become a fine flour texture. Add to a bowl.
- To the bowl, add protein powder, cocoa powder, sweetener and salt. Mix well.
- Add almond milk 1 tbsp at a time, stirring well after each addition until a very thick dough forms. You may not need to add the entire 1/2 cup! Fold in chocolate chips.
- To make the dough easier to roll into balls, you can place the dough in the fridge for 10 minutes or coat hands in a little bit of coconut oil. Roll the dough into balls and place in an airtight container. Store in the fridge and enjoy!
Leave a Reply