This is one of my favorite breakfast’s, but I also have it for lunch all the time. This recipe is super basic and only requires a few ingredients, but the way you cook the eggs makes all the difference. I love my fried eggs with a crispy, crunchy bottom and my yolks runny so that I can dip my sourdough toast in them! This only takes a few minutes to make, so is perfect for a quick breakfast that is packed with protein.
I have been making my own sourdough bread for about a year, and have finally nailed down my recipe and technique. I plan on sharing sourdough recipes in the coming posts, so that you can learn how to make homemade bread at home! Making bread is definitely a labor of love, but my goal is to simplify the process for you so that it is not so daunting. I hope you love this recipe, and stick around to see how I make my bread!
Crispy Fried Eggs with Sourdough
- 2 eggs
- olive oil spray
- 1 slice sourdough bread (recipe coming soon!)
- 1 scallion (also called green onion)
- Preheat a non-stick or cast iron skillet over high heat. Grease with olive oil spray or 1 tbsp butter.
- When the oil or butter is shiny and the pan is hot, crack your eggs into the pan.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper on top of the eggs.
- Let eggs cook for about 2 minutes without moving, until bottom is crispy and deep golden brown, and yolks are cooked to your liking. I recommend about 2 minutes for runny yolks, and 3 minutes for medium.
- Remove eggs from pan and place on plate. Top with diced green onion.
- Serve with buttered sourdough toast.
Leave a Reply