This recipe is seriously magic.
If you have been looking for a healthier version of arguably one of the most delicious foods on the planet, you have come to the right place!
I have been perfecting this recipe and technique for a few months, so I am excited to share it! These chicken tenders taste unbelievably like the real deal, and are deliciously crispy!
I coat my chicken tenders in oat flour, which is just oats that are ground up in the blender. They taste great and even add a boost of whole grain fiber (and GF!) You could sub for whatever type of flour you prefer.
Healthy Air Fried Chicken Tenders
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- olive oil spray
- Slice the chicken breast into tender-shaped slices. If you want you can also cut them smaller to make nuggets!
- Blend the oats into a flour. Pour the oat flour into a shallow bowl, and stir in the salt, garlic powder, and paprika.
- In a separate shallow bowl, crack one egg and whisk with a fork.
- Coat a tender in the egg and let the excess drip off. Place in the flour bowl and coat both sides with flour. A tip here is to use one hand as the 'egg hand', and the other as the 'flour hand' to prevent your hands from getting super messy!
- Place tender on a tray or plate, and repeat until they are all coated.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Spray your air fryer baskets with olive oil spray, and arrange the chicken in a SINGLE LAYER. If you need to do a second batch that is okay! Spray the tops of the chicken tenders well with olive oil spray.
- Air fry on the first side for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for another 5-6 minutes. If there are any dry pieces of flour, give it a little spritz with olive oil spray. Once they are golden brown, remove from the air fryer and enjoy with your favorite sauce!
Leave a Reply