I’ve had this breakfast everyday for the past 6 months…
I’m not even exaggerating, I am OBSESSED with this breakfast, and for so many reasons.
First of all, chocolate! brownie! batter! If my breakfast starts with the words chocolate and brownie, I know I’m setting myself up to have an amazing day.
Not only is this breakfast delicious, but it is super healthy and is a well-rounded breakfast. It contains oats, which are a whole-grain, high-fiber source of carbs, which give you energy to kickstart your day. This breakfast is also high in protein from the protein powder, which your body uses to build and repair muscle tissue. It also contains cocoa powder, which is high in antioxidants that help fight disease and boost heart health. To cap it off, I top my protein brownie batter with almond butter or peanut butter, which is a great source of healthy fat.
By eating a breakfast that contains a source of carb, protein, and fat, you are setting your body up for a great day! You will feel energized for the day, and satisfied until your next meal. Try it out and see for yourself!
High-Protein Chocolate Brownie Batter
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 serving protein powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- stevia to taste
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- Blend oats into oat flour.
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Add milk a splash at a time and stir until you get a thick brownie batter texture.
- You can eat it right by away, but I like to pop in fridge for about 15 mins and eat it cold. You can also make it the night before and keep it in the fridge overnight.
- Drizzle peanut butter or almond butter on top, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply