This past weekend, I went white water rafting with my family and I made a double batch of these energy balls to bring! They are so delicious, and are the perfect snack to refuel your energy on on active day!
This recipe makes about 6 energy balls – I just doubled the ingredients to make enough for my whole family!
These energy balls are a great source of whole grain carbs, protein, and healthy fat, which makes them the perfect well-rounded snack! Not only will these energy balls keep you satisfied, but they will give you the boost of energy that you need throughout your busy day.
You can meal prep these energy balls ahead of time for a quick, healthy snack during the week! Just keep them in the fridge in an airtight container and they will be ready when you need them. Whether you take them to work, pack them in your kids lunch, or bring them as a snack after a hard workout, these energy balls will be a staple recipe of yours.
Besides being healthy and easy to make, these energy balls are also DELICIOUS! I mean they literally taste like you are eating oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough – you and your whole family will love them.
High-Protein Chocolate Chip Energy Balls
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (I used sugar-free maple syrup, you can also use regular maple syrup, honey or agave)
- 1 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir together until a very thick dough forms.
- If the dough is too dry, add a little more maple syrup or a splash of almond milk.
- Coat hands in coconut oil to prevent sticking and roll dough into balls.
- Keep in fridge in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply