Looking for a healthy, high protein lunch that you can meal prep? Try making my delicious Lemon Herb Chicken Salad that is packed with protein and flavor! You can prep a batch ahead of time to add to sandwiches, wraps, and salads for easy lunches throughout the week.
My go-to high protein lunch
I make this chicken salad ALL the time. It is so light and fresh, and such an easy way to get a lot of protein in. Just one serving has 50 grams of protein! I always try to eat a lot of protein at lunch because it keeps me full and feeling satisfied throughout my day.
I love meal prepping a big batch of this at the beginning of the week for quick, easy lunches. I’ll grill up my chicken breasts on Sunday afternoon, then at lunchtime on Monday I’ll dice up the cold chicken and make a big batch of chicken salad. It stays good in the fridge for up to 4 days!
Ways to eat chicken salad
Another thing that I love about this recipe is that it’s SO versatile so you won’t get bored if you eat it everyday for lunch. Just make a big batch and change up the ways you eat it each day.
Some of my favorites:
- Open face toast: Toast up some whole wheat or sourdough bread, then add a handful of greens, a big scoop of chicken salad, then top with whatever you like! Pickles, red onions, tomato, cucumber, hot sauce… the options are endless.
- In a sandwich or wrap: Pretty much the same as open face toast, just put the two pieces together! Sandwiches and wraps are also great to take on the go for work or school.
- On a salad: For a lighter, low carb option fill a bowl with salad greens and all of your favorite veggies. Add the chicken salad and your favorite dressing for a quick and filling salad!
- With crackers: If I’m in a rush I’ll just grab some whole wheat or rice crackers and scoop up the chicken salad. Quick, easy, DELICIOUS.
Ingredients for lemon herb chicken salad
- Grilled chicken breast: I love grilling a big batch of chicken at the beginning of each week to easily add to lunches.
- Greek yogurt: This recipe uses greek yogurt in place of mayo, making the chicken salad creamy and delicious but lower in calories and fat than using mayo!
- Dijon mustard: Adds a delicious flavor to the chicken salad. You can swap for yellow mustard or stone ground, or leave it out if you don’t like mustard.
- Lemon juice & zest: Adding both lemon juice and zest really brightens up the chicken salad and cuts through the creaminess of the greek yogurt.
- Fresh herbs: I dice up whatever fresh herbs I have in my fridge and throw them in the chicken salad. Using a variety of herbs adds so much flavor! You can also use dried herbs in place of fresh!
Kitchen tools I use to make chicken salad
- Air fryer: My favorite way to cook up delicious chicken in minutes! This is my favorite air fryer, it makes the chicken perfectly golden brown while still being tender and juicy!
- Knife set: I have used this knife set for years and LOVE it! The knives are made from high quality stainless steel and it comes with a storage block and knife sharpener that look great on your counter!
- Stainless steel bowls: I love these mixing bowls because they are easy to clean and have a rubber base so they don’t slide around while you are mixing!
Lemon Herb Chicken Salad
- 6 oz grilled chicken breast
- 1 tbsp diced green onion
- 1 tbsp diced parsley
- 2 tbsp whole milk greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cube chicken breast into small pieces.
- Add chicken, green onion, parsley, greek yogurt, dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic powder to a bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!