This past weekend my fiancé and I went on a long 5 mile walk and swim in a park near our house. Whenever we do a big workout or hike, we always make sure to bring a healthy snack with us!
I like to make sure that my snacks include a source of fiber filled carbs, protein, and fat to refuel my body and keep me satisfied. These energy balls are great because they include all of the macronutrients, and are a great well-rounded snack!
Maple Sea Salt Energy Balls
- 1 cup oats blended into flour
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (can sub for SF or honey)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- almond milk as needed
- In a bowl combine oat flour, protein powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla and stir well.
- If the dough is too dry, add a splash of almond milk at a time until you have a very thick dough.
- Roll into balls and sprinkle sea salt on top. Store in fridge or eat right away!
Leave a Reply