On a hot summer day, you can’t go wrong with a refreshing salad. Once the weather starts to warm up, I love sitting outside and enjoying dinner with my family. This Mediterranean salad is a summer staple, and is the perfect light summer dinner. I love to pair it with grilled chicken kebabs and homemade tzatziki (recipe coming soon!)
This salad is so easy to make, and requires no cooking! You just dice up a bunch of vegetables and throw them on your choice of greens. What really makes this salad pop is my Lemon Herb dressing, which is zesty, fresh, and full of flavor. This is the perfect side salad to any summer dinner! I hope you enjoy!
Mediterranean Salad with Lemon Herb Dressing
For the salad
- 6 cups salad greens (I used arugula)
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup kalamanta olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fresh or dried dill
Prepare salad ingredients
- Wash all of your veggies. Dice cucumber, bell pepper, and red onion. Slice cherry tomatoes and olives in half.
- Drain and rinse canned chickpeas. Pat dry gently with a paper towel.
Make the dressing
- In a jar, combine olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, garlic oregano and dill. Stir well to combine.
- Fill large bowl with your choice of salad greens. Add cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, cherry tomatoes, olives, chickpeas and feta cheese on top.
- Drizzle dressing on top of salad, and add a little lemon zest on top. Toss before serving, enjoy!