This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is a delicious, healthy dinner!
It is so easy to make, and can be prepped ahead of time for dinner on a busy day. I make the quinoa ahead of time and let it cool before adding the veggies, feta and dressing. You could even meal prep this and separate it into containers for easy lunches to take to work or school!
Quinoa is so versatile and is one of my favorite carb sources. Quinoa is higher in fiber than white and brown rice, and is great for gut health. Eating a diet high in fiber helps you feel full, so quinoa is a great carb to eat to maintain a healthy weight. It is also packed with essential nutrients, such as folate, magnesium, zinc and iron, and even has 8 grams of protein per cooked cup!
So if you haven’t tried quinoa, give it a shot!
Here’s what I like to add to this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Red onion
You could also get creative and add other ingredients, such as chickpeas, greens, or fresh herbs! I paired this dinner with grilled chicken for a source of protein.
Try this meal out for an easy dinner or healthy lunch this week!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup pitted olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried parsley (can also add mint, basil, dill, oregano etc.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa and let cool.
- Dice cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion and olives. Add veggies and feta to quinoa and stir to combine.
- Mix together dressing ingredients, pour over quinoa and stir to combine. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply