One of my favorite fall desserts is apple crumble, so now that the weather is cooling down I had to make it.
I made this a single-serving recipe for those times when you want a quick dessert, but don’t want to make a huge pan of it (or you don’t want to share!) This apple crumble is quick and easy to make, and is the perfect healthier dessert to make when you want something sweet.
Single-Serving Apple Crumble
For the apples
- 1 apple (I used a Granny Smith, but any will work)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- sprinkle of cinnamon
For the crumble topping
- 1/4 cup oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove the apple core, and dice apple into small cubes. Add diced apple, lemon juice, 1 tsp of honey, and a sprinkle of cinnamon to an oven safe dish and mix well.
- In a second bowl, add oats, salt and cinnamon. Mix together. Add melted butter, honey, and vanilla and mix until oats are evenly coated.
- Add the crumble mixture on top of the apples. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the crumble is golden brown.
- I like to top mine off with a little vanilla greek yogurt and cinnamon. Enjoy!
Easy and delicious! I actually subbed monk fruit sweetener for the honey, and cooked mine in the microwave because i didn’t want to heat up the oven. It was amazing.
So glad you loved it! Yes – it works great in the microwave too!