These sweet potato ‘nachos’ are such a fun healthy snack! If you love sweet & salty snacks, you will love these! I love sweet potatoes because they are naturally sweet, and I always find that they satisfy my sweet tooth!
Besides the delicious taste, there are multiple reasons why I eat sweet potato almost daily. Sweet potatoes are incredibly good for you, and are full of antioxidants, and are rich in vitamin C and B6 which are important for brain and nervous system health. Sweet potatoes are also great for your gut health due because they are high in fiber, and can aid in weight loss as high-fiber foods keep you feeling full for longer.
I thinly slice the sweet potatoes and air fry them until they are golden and crispy. Then, I drizzle on some natural peanut butter (a great source of healthy fats) and honey, and then add a sprinkle of cinnamon and sea salt!
The result is deliciously crispy, sweet, salty and full of nutrients! The perfect snack in my opinion…
You can also change up the toppings depending on what you have in your pantry. My two favorites are peanut butter and honey (a classic), or almond butter and maple syrup!
Give these sweet potato nachos a try for your next snack, or anytime a sweet & salty craving kicks in!
Sweet Potato Nachos
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Thinly slice sweet potato. Add to a bowl, and lightly spray with a neutral oil and toss well.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Once it is hot, arrange the sweet potato slices in a single layer. It is okay if some of them overlap, but I chose to air fry them in two batches because it makes them crispier and helps them cook evenly!
- Air fry for about 12 minutes, shaking the air fryer basked every 3-4 minutes until sweet potato is golden and crispy.
- Place on a plate, and drizzle with peanut butter and honey. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and sea salt, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply