This Thai-inspired salad is easy to make, delicious, and perfect for meal prep!
I love making this quinoa salad for dinner, and making extra to save for lunch because it keeps so well in the fridge. This recipe uses crunchy veggies which won’t get soggy in the fridge as many other salads do. This is the perfect healthy lunch to pack for work, school, or to keep in the fridge for a quick lunch!
I like making this salad with purple cabbage, shredded carrots, bell pepper and green onions, but you can get creative and add other veggies such as kale, broccoli, or green cabbage if you have them on hand!
I like to serve this salad with grilled chicken on top to add a source of protein. If you are looking for a plant-based protein option for this meal, you could use tofu or edamame!
Thai Peanut Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 shredded carrots
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 2 diced green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Peanut Ginger Dressing
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp sriracha hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- Rinse quinoa in a fine strainer and add to a pot with water. Cover and bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer until the water has absorbed. Fluff with a fork, remove from heat and set aside to let cool.
- Mix together soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic powder in a bowl. Add chicken breast and toss in the marinade. If you have time, you can let it marinate for 20+ minutes, or you can cook it right away if you are short on time.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, spray with olive oil spray and cook the chicken for 7-8 minutes per side until cooked through. Alternatively you can grill the chicken breast, or air fry it at 375F for 7-8 minutes per side.
- Prepare all of the veggies by thinly shredding the red cabbage, grating the carrots, and dicing the bell peppers, green onions and cilantro. Add all of the veggies to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all of the peanut ginger dressing ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, add it to the mixing bowl with the veggies and drizzle the dressing over the top. Toss well to combine.
- Separate the salad into two bowls or containers, top with sliced chicken and garnish with extra cilantro and a lime wedge. Enjoy right away, or store it in the fridge for 2-3 days. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply